Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Yields: 4 servings
Consider an alternative and give almond milk a try! Almond milk is worthy alternative to cow's milk as it contains less saturated fat and is safe for people with lactose intolerance or milk allergies. Supermarkets in many areas stock almond milk ready made.
- 1 to 1 ½ cups of raw almonds
- 4 cups of filtered or spring water
- 3-8 dates (optional)
- Soak almonds in water for at least six hours. If you are going to use dates (optional), soak them for at least an hour. Dates will add a hint of sweetness to your milk.
- Drain soaked almonds, and blend with 4 cups of fresh water until you achieve a milk-like consistency.
- Strain once to remove almond granules.
- Refrigerate milk in an air-tight jar. It will keep for three days. 
- If you have any left over after three days and don't want to throw it away try using it in recipes where you have to boil it for reasonably long.
- "Store leftovers in the fridge within two hours of cooking and eat them within three days."SafeFood