Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
This is an incredibly easy recipe but it makes a delicious snack to enjoy with a glass of wine. I poached the idea from a Tapas restaurant that I used to work in. Spread on baked Turkish bread or Pizza Bianca.
- 1 slab of feta cheese
- 1 ripe roma tomato
- 1 small chilli
- ½ small red capsicum
- ¼ small red onion
- a pinch of oregano
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the capsicum, tomato and the red onion thinly.
- Place the slab of feta in a shallow, oven proof dish.
- Arrange the whole chili, sliced tomato, capsicum and onion around and on top of the Feta.
- Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add a very liberal dash of olive oil (approximately 2 tbsp).
- Cook for around 10 minutes or until the texture of the cheese is soft and creamy.