Prep Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 8-10 servings
- (1) .25 oz package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup mashed, cooked butternut squash
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add molasses, salt, caraway, squash and 2 cups flour; mix well. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
2. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead for 6-8 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to greased top. Cover and allow dough to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough has doubled. Punch dough down and turn onto a floured surface; shape into a loaf.
4. Place dough in a greased 9-in. x 5-in x 3-in. loaf pan. Cover and let dough rise until it has doubled (about 45 minutes).
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.