Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 6-8 servings
There's only way to describe this recipe: flavorful. Give it a try, you're sure to become addicted!
- 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Core the tomatoes and cut into wedges.
2. Remove the top of the fennel (save some fronds for garnish). Slice the bulb very thinly crosswise with a knife or on a mandoline.
3. Toss the tomatoes and fennel in a bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Garnish with 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds and season to taste.