Note: Parmesan is never vegetarian, it always includes calf's rennet which is a meat product. If you're a strict vegetarian or if you're cooking for a strict vegetarian you need to substitute a different type of cheese of look for a different recipe. See Cheeses that aren't vegetarian for more.
- ½ cup bread crumbs (I used panko)
- ½ cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound zucchini/courgettes (sliced into sticks and pat dry)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Mix the bread crumbs, parmigiano reggiano and oregano in a bowl.
- Season the zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Dip the zucchini in the egg and then dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet in a single layer with the skin side down.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.